I’ve just got back from presenting at and helping out with a two-day strategic planning session with our success Mastermind members.
This is a time when they look back at the achievements and lessons learned of the last 12 months and then look forward and plan out the following 12 months.
Here is the basic structure of how to take stock and forecast ahead:
- What were your achievements in the last 12 months?
- What were the key lessons learned in the last 12 months?
- What do you need to stop doing?
- How did you limit yourself?
- What are your main goals for next year?
- What specific milestones need to be crossed in each quarter?
- Who is owning those outcomes?
- What can you do to ensure success?
- What do you need to start doing?
- Who do you need to add to your team (if anyone)?
- How will you develop yourself personally?
The only guarantee this time next year is that you will be one year older. Everything else is up to you.
I’ll ask the age-old coaching question:
“If we were having this conversation this time next year and you’d had your best year yet, what would have to have happened in order for that to be the case?”
Dream big, act big, succeed big!